I have been so busy with my shoots AND still out on the road with book signings and presentations with my book,
"Bruce Springsteen In Focus 1980-2012." It has been really wonderful meeting so many people and hearing their stories and talking photography. I was interviewed yesterday for WCCC in Hartford, CT (Howard Stern's old station) and they asked me if the people coming to the presentations were only interested in speaking about Bruce or photography as well and it made me think-and it also made me happy when I realized how many people LOVE photography as much as I do. May 19th is 30 years since I graduated college and became a professional photographer (making a living solely from creating images) and I have never considered what I do "work."
I headed off to Atlanta for a book presentation and signing at the Barnes and Noble in Buckhead. Allergies and bronchitis have me totally wiped out but the Southern Hospitality was amazing. Some observations about Atlanta:
1.Karen Kirk runs an AMAZING Barnes and Noble in Buckhead. She and her staff are top notch. Upon walking into her store, the first thing I spotted was a wooden piece with the word BELIEVE..this is what I write in my book! It set the mood for the night.
2. EVERYONE in Atlanta in SOOOOOO friendly
3. the cops are really cute, and they all say "hello" when passing on the street
4. there are a lot of handsome men down there. Other than my husband, I don't see many in NYC anymore. A friend keeps telling me "Rudy Guiliani got rid of all the cute guys"
5. the Best Western Plus inn on Peachtree downtown is a great place to stay with the friendliest staff!
6. the Ampitheater is a nice place to see a concert. The security staff there are some of the friendliest I have EVER encountered
7. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band put on a KICK ASS concert!
8. Atlanta is HOT!
9. as much as I liked it "down there..." I am HAPPY to be home with my 3 boys!
This was the first time I ever traveled without a "real" camera...meaning my DSLR. I packed a tiny point and shoot camera and other than a card fail resulting in only a few images that I was unable to retreive in image recovery, I was not at all disappointed. I have never shot a concert with only a point and shoot and I was pleased.
Bruce Springsteen In Focus 1980-2012 is now almost sold out of it's 4th printing. It may be out of print soon so if you haven't ordered it and want to, your best bet is to order is ASAP. It can be signed if you order directly from my publisher: